4.0.0.651 and 657 both freeze and fail to run a sequence

I’ve tried multiple times to get the beta release of SGP to work with my setup. All previous releases of 3 have been working just fine. Every time I try to run a sequence, SGP freezes, with staring sequence reported but not advancing the sequence. Sometimes it hangs and I need to kill the process.

Useful Info

Ver: SGP 4.0.0.657

ASCOM 6.5 SP1 RC1
ZWOASI1600mm w/ASCOM driver

Same problem as recorded in the following thread: “Build 651 - stuck on running sequence”

https://forum.sequencegeneratorpro.com/t/build-651-stuck-on-running-sequence/14426

Your log shows the same “loop” as shown in the original problem thread…

[12/16/20 15:09:28.350][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Running capture event…
[12/16/20 15:09:28.356][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Error capturing image! : Offset Get is not implemented because the driver interface is ICameraV2 or earlier.
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.get_Offset() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 1691
at t9.l1()
at tn.qs(String A_0, Event A_1, ri A_2, ApiImageCallData A_3)
at tn.qs(String& A_0, String& A_1, Event A_2, ri A_3)
at tn.sg(Event A_0)
at tn.qs(Event& A_0)
[12/16/20 15:09:28.356][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Run event reported error, continuing…

No fix available yet …

I had the same but I thought Jared said the latest Beta fixed that - not had the weather to try it out.
Reverting to an older version works, I will have to check but another user pointed me to [update - 643] and that was ok.

Version 4.0.0.643 works fine. Any version after 643 does not work for me.

I was finally able to get ahold of a ASI294 to test with. Hope to figure out what is happening mid next week. However, I have a feeling it’s not going to be something we can address in SGP and is likely a driver issue. But I’ll keep you all informed when I know more.

Jared

1 Like

FWIW, I have an ASI294mm and am using version .657 and (knock wood) have been able to run sequences without any issue.

Can you tell us what version of the ZWO ASCOM driver you are running? Also the version of the ZWO Camera driver?

I’m at work right now so I can’t tell you the actual numbers, but I’ll post them later when I get home. In any case it was the latest of each, as of a couple of weeks ago.

I’m afraid to say that 657 64-bit is doing the same with all-QHY camera. The sequence stops when the autoguider resumes after AF.

1 Like

Looking at the QHY site - I notice another SGP user post that suggests that their latest ASCOM driver is not compliant with ICameraV3, in regard to offset and gain - so this may be the reason for my particular issues.

Yesterday I posted a question about the ICameraV3 problem in the ZWO Users forum. The response I got back was: “We have contacted the author of SGP and provided the new ASCOM driver”.

The ICameraV3 question posted in ZWO Forum

I found the following in the QHY forum regarding ICameraV3:

QHY forum ICameraV3 question.

I have it resolved - when you install the QHY all-in-one pack, it appears that it installs ASCOM drivers. Well, not quite. It puts two installers into a folder and at the end of the process asks if you want to open them. (Why would you ?) Instructions elsewhere then tell you to open the folder and install one of the two versions… you guessed it one for Ascom 6.4 and one for Ascom 6.5. Having sussed that, I have just installed the ASCOM 6.5 driver version and SGP 657 64-bit is now running a sequence.

1 Like

Great job! Now we wait on the ZWO ASCOM driver … Maybe …