4.0.0.651 (BETA) (64-bit) Testing

thanks Jared - key question, does installing the 64-bit version adopt all the profiles and settings from the 32-bit version?

Yes, the 64bit and 32bit can be installed side by side (64bit goes into c:\Program Files, 32 goes into c:\Program Files(x86)) But they both use the same User directory so all settings are shared between the two and sequences are compatible between the two as well.

Jared

Brilliant, thanks. Just loaded it and it seems to be working like a charm.

Maybe an impossible request, but can you list drivers that we know are still only 32 bit, at least the most popular ones?

Sadly it’s not completely possible. I know the legacy SBIG drivers are 32 bit and the QHY11 I have is also only 32bit. But the newer QHYs are definitely 64bit as are all (to my knowledge) ZWO drivers and I believe the newer SBIG Aluma drivers are also 64 bit, though I’m not positive.

For the most part there’s not really much benefit moving to 64bit unless you’re using a very high resolution camera. The main benefit is memory access and NOT speed.

Jared

Thanks Jared. What about SkyX/Paramount? From my understanding it’s only 32bit in Windows, yet Buzz, I believe, uses a Paramount. Is the Program itself 32 bit but the Ascom driver for the mount 64 bit?

TheSkyX may only be 32bit but their driver can still be 64bit. But to be honest I’m not 100% sure either way. You should be able to safely test the 64bit version of SGP with your hardware though.

Jared

Correct, I’m using a 32-bit version of TSX - but I’m assuming the ASCOM driver for TSX is 64-bit! Anyway, it seems to work.