428 disable smart focus query

There are no log files, as I was simply running the AF routine before running the sequence. With smart focus disabled, the AF routine continued to choose a new best guess for the center, ignoring the smart focus setting.
Is that correct, does the smart focus option only come into play with in-sequence AF runs?

SGPro always produces logs for AF, even when run manually.

Smart Focus is defined as an automatic extension of data points or detection of a positive slope at the beginning of AF and “rewinding” the start point until the slope starts off going down. It happens in sequence or out. There is no way (currently) to turn the recenter and retry option off. A lot of this stuff will change in 4.0. Data collection is a bit of a mess right now.

Thanks , I’m a bit puzzled why all the sudden problems popping up and the plethora of betas after a long spell of comparative stability.

Im not sure how to interpret this. To what problems are you referring? What period of stability? In 3.0 or in 3.1?

Ken - I’m talking about the last year. It feels like something under the hood changed, which caused a number of problems to surface. It is hard to be specific but I have been imaging for hundreds of hours over the last few years with considerable success. Without any system changes, the fix-list in the version history has a degree of deja vu about it. It is just an observation - I know you and Jared are working hard to address these, in anticipation of 4.0.
best

For sure… we have changed a great deal of things under the hood… all in the name of progress. Version 3.1 has a massive amount of non-visible (functional) changes. This always evokes a period of instability. We were prepared for this and having been prompt in addressing issues. I assure you that the version of 3.0 that felt stable, once felt unstable as well. Version 3.1 is absolutely stabilizing and most are having consistently stable sessions. Because this is not a full-time job, some of the testing is, unfortunately, pushed to users, but we feel this is reflected in the price.

3 Likes

thanks - that is good to know … removing rose-tinted glasses :sunglasses: