Alnitak Flat-Man Large and control

Hi

I have the following scenario that is behaving strangely.,…

My environment is this…
ASCOM control of mount
Canon DSLR controlled by SGP
Flat-Man connected via USB to imaging hub

Scenario 1 (Preferred)
Enable Alnitek Flat Man in SGP
Set brightness level within SGP as a manual filter for OSC (There doesnt appear to be any other way to do the brightness level)
Connect to all devices through equipment connect
Flats calibration wizard
Determine shutter speed based on ADU value
Complete flats calibration and then take my flats at the end of an imaging session

The result of the above is the lights box never turns on and I dont get the correct values for flats

Scenario 2 (Sort of works)
Using the Alnitak app turn on the Flat-Man and set brightness level
Configure Alnitek to be the flats device
Connect to all my devices
SGP complains that COM4 is already in use
Use the flats calibration wizard and get my proper flats because the brightness is correct
Take my flats

Ultimately I want Scenario 1 because I would prefer all device interaction to be directly through SGP for all imaging

What logs etc would you like or what advice can you provide to get my Scenario 1 working?

Thanks in advance

For Scenario 1 you just need to set your flat box brightness using the “No Filter” Flats Data:

You’ll likely need to do some experimenting to get a decent brightness for your ISO values. Then you can use the flats calibration wizard to compute the actual exposures. With DSLRs the flats calibration wizard can take a little longer as DSLR response is not linear.

Jared

Thanks Jared,

It seems to not be sending the power on and power level commands
Is there a log file i can review?

Yes, if you go to the help menu in SGP you can find a link to the log directory. Feel free to attach it here with dropbox or similar and I can take a look.

Jared

Hi Jared,

here is the log file

Thanks

Barry

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200721135744.log is missing)

Hi Jared,

All sorted

Thanks for your help

What turned out to be the issue?

Thanks,
Jared

Primarily user error - Something i did started SGP sending the requisite light on commands