Any advantage using FocusMax?

Hello,
I migrated from CCDAutopilot to SGP due to intermittent CCDAP stability issues with my SBIG cameras. Brought over to SGP is FocusMax that is connected to a Moonlite focuser. I found I was able to run auto focus routines successfully with and without FocusMax, via the selection in the equipment profile of course. My question is, is there any advantage of using FocusMax vs. going directly to the Moonlite focuser selection?

Thanks!
Mike

SGP does not interface with FocusMax…so I don’t think there would be any benefit to connecting to the FocusMax Focuser.

Jared

Are there any plans to interface with the FocusMax Focuser in a future release? Or is it’s inclusion in the focuser drop down list purely because it’s connected to ASCOM?

I havent used FocusMax in a while, but I do remember liking some of the features (Albeit hating that it looks like it’s straight out of 1988)

We had discussed it a while back. At this time we aren’t currently working on any FocusMax integration but that doesn’t mean it won’t come back in the future. You’re just seeing the FocusMax ASCOM Focuser in the drop down menu.

Jared