ASI1600 Gain and .14 Build of SGP

Hey guys,

Just wanted to raise an issue with this camera and SGP. In the latest build of SGP the software attempts to load a gain list from the driver and an exception is thrown:

02/26/17 11:09:26.157][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Camera implements ASCOM gain. Current gain is 75
[02/26/17 11:09:26.165][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Failed to fetch ASCOM camera gains list, checking min / max… : Property read ASCOM.ASICamera2.Camera Gains is not implemented in this driver. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Property Unknown is not implemented in this driver.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object args, Boolean byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object providedArgs, ParameterModifier modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String namedParams)
at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object args, CultureInfo culture)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 243)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 279
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.get_Gains() in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 864
at qo.bz()
[02/26/17 11:09:26.187][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Camera cooler detected…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.188][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Camera cooler is OFF…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.188][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Camera cooldown on connect is selected…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.188][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Camera cooldown is starting…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.189][DEBUG] [TEC Thread] SGM_CHANGE_COOLER_TEMP message received…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.191][DEBUG] [TEC Thread] TEC Change: Starting…
[02/26/17 11:09:26.193][DEBUG] [TEC Thread] TEC Change: After camera connect change, waiting ~5 seconds…
[02/26/17 11:09:30.975][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_FRAME_AND_FOCUS message received…
[02/26/17 11:09:30.982][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM camera: frame and focus…
[02/26/17 11:09:30.991][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SetAscomGain to 0
[02/26/17 11:09:30.993][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Camera gain set to 0

To get around this, users can set the offset in the ASCOM driver like normal, and use the control panel applet (and not the equipment profile) to change the gain. In the example above I had gone into the ASCOM driver and forced it to 75 gain, which was overwritten by the SGP configuration in the Control Panel which was 0.

I have a custom gain profile setup as folks have mentioned, but of course SGP cannot see it due to the exception.

This exception is benign for the ASI1600 and should only be logged, not surface itself in any other way. There are 2 ways of getting gains. Through a list and through a numeric min/max. The ASI1600 uses the min/max and doesn’t implement the list which is the exception that you’re seeing. We expect the exception and handle it.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks for the info.

So, my question then is why don’t my presets in the ASCOM driver load in my equipment profile? All I have there is Link Cam (which I dont even know what that is…)

That is a bug that we’re currently addressing. As well as the propigation from profile to sequence.

“Link Cam” normally would mean that you need to connect your camera to populate those values. But currently that is broke.

Thanks,
Jared

Jared,

Is there also a bug where if you do set a profile name that you have a custom offset\gain profile setup for in the ASCOM driver (in this case ZWO) that it does not set the gain properly either? See screenshot to see what I mean. It won’t change the gain at all (on connect, for a FF exposure, or for a sequence exposure).

I of course can get the log and post it but if you know it is an issue I won’t bother. Thank you sir!