Astrobin Links not working for Plate Solving

Thank you for takeing a look into this…

Still getting the same error when pasting in links. Have tried both the old type of URL and the newer format. Both report “The image specified did not return any valid location data”

Both images have the Platesolving data when hovering over them. For reference, these are the links i’ve been trying with:

Hi Ken,
Thanks for looking. Did you try at different times or only once?
FWIW I’ve also tried linking multiple urls from Flickr and DSO Browser, but they also all failed with the same message, though I have to say that I’ve never tried either of those resources previously so you need to take that with a pinch of salt. Are you able to get SGP v2.6.0.24 working with any of the suggested resource’s urls?
Regards, Geof

Salvatore from AstroBin and I are in contact. Should be resolved pretty soon.

2 Likes

Excellent news Ken, thanks for the update.

Should be fixed now. Seems that there was a problem when AstroBin last upgraded.

Thanks Ken, I’ll check it later. I tried just now but Astrobin is currently unavailable…, perhaps Sal is updating the fix. Cheers, Geof

Seems like there is still an issue. The call out to AB is succeeding, but the response seems to look different to SGPro and it is not sure what to do with it.

I tried one tonight and the URL was very truncated

Thanks Ken, very much appreciated the two of you are looking into this. Just tried again this morning and getting the same error. However, I did notice where before the search took a few seconds, its now an almost instant reply if thats any help

Rgds
Aidan

Hi Ken, thanks for the update. This morning I tried using urls from solved images at Flickr and DSO Browser as well as Astrobin, but other than the logo presented in the web link box in SGP changing to reflect the source (Astrobin, Flickr, DSO Browser) I get the same failed to solve message. Did anything change in SGP v2.6.0.24 as based on my attempts it doesn’t appear to be just an Astrobin url problem? Could you check the other url sources and let us know whether they work for you please?
Regards, Geof

Good Morning,

Is there any update on restoring functionality on this please?

Best Regards
Aidan

Hi. From DSO-Browser work ok,
This is link to M 31, loaded in SGPro 3.0.0.3 and work ok.

Problem in from Astrobin with last forum update. Before update all was ok.
Here is an image with.

DSO-_SGPro_target_setting

Hi Iosif, I just tried the same link using SGP v2.6.0.24 and it did not solve.

Unfortunately I upgraded SGP the same days that Sal upgraded Astrobin, so I do not know if the issue is with SGP v2.6.0.24, or Astrobin, or both. I previouly solved ok with SGP v2.6.0.23, but when I roll back to that version it still does not solve.I do not want to upgrade to SGP 3.0.0.3 yet as I’m new to SGP and prefer not to try beta versions.
Regards, Geof

I have tested with all version SGPro and work. You must to be very careful when you load the link image.
Try this, copy and paste. #Triangulum Galaxy (M 33), NGC 604 and NGC 588 - astrophotography by Terrance copy without #

Here is an image with test again.

Thanks Iosif, I tried that, but it still did not work…

I was very careful to copy exactly from between the two #s in your message. It’s very strange indeed that it works for you, but not for me
To check I copied the same to my browser and it took me directly to the M33 image in DSO Browser…
Geof

I have just tried the link which you post Iosif in my SGP 2.0.6.24 and it solved successfully. I have had some success with images from DSO Browser, but many are not plate solved to start with which makes it limited.

Tried an Astrobin link and still get the error. Not sure why this would work for me Geoff and not you… thats a bit strange.

I have just tried to import a target from DSO-Browser.
Importing via Framing & Mosaic Wizard it works.
Importing the same target via Import Targets DSO-Browser fails.
I am using Version 3.0.0.3

Nigel

Thanks Aidan,
Its good that you got it working with same version as me, but now I’m even more confused…!! I had no issues with 2.6.0.23, but now can’t get either to work with anything. There must be some setting that got changed or something, but I have no clue where to look… :disappointed:
Geof

I guess the more feedback we give, the better understanding will be gleaned to getting a solution.

I found a similar thread about this in the past

the OP said that he solved the problem by checking ‘firewall inbound rules’, so I’m wondering if something happened there. I’m way out of my comfort zone there, but maybe Ken could offer some advice. This is what the advanced setting for my firewall inbound rules looks like…

… but it means nothing to me…
Regards, Geof