Auto Focus Settings per Event

I have looked through the requests but did not see this listed. Is it possible to add a feature where you can control the auto focus routine per event? This would be most helpful especially with the amount of time it takes to complete the auto focus routine.

For example:
Event 1 900sec Ha Filter- focus every 2 frames
Event 2 120sec Red Filter- focus every 10 frames
etc., etc.,

Thank You
Bob

Just for my own understanding, what is the reasoning for this? Is focus shifting faster for a Ha filter than it is for a Red filter? The Critical Focus Zone is typically determined by your focal length which will not change (much) no matter what filter is in front of your camera. Generally temperature is the main reason that focus shifts.

You have the option to “Auto focus every X minutes” would this not accomplish what you’re after?

Jared

Thanks for the quick reply Jared.
In my example sequence, which is very typical that I use, I focus Ha every 2 frames(30 minutes) and RGB every 10 frames (20 minutes). I guess I just do this as a sanity check for focus.

As you stated temperature is the main reason for focus shift. Sometimes I use focus on temp and set it to 1 degree change. Some nights this can cause the auto focus to run after every frame.

I will try your suggestion to focus every “X” minute.

One other question…if I set focus on temp change and also focus “X” minutes and the auto focus is initiated by the temp change, does the “X” minute timer reset from the last focus or will it run in “X” minutes regardless?

Thanks Again
Bob

Yes, any time Auto focus runs it updates the last focus time which is used to determine the “Focus every X minutes”. This is to prevent a temp based focus event followed closely by a time based focus event.

Jared