Autofocus Question - Bahtinov Mask Double Check

What do you mean by this? SGPro 4 has not removed any existing driver capabilities found in SGPro 3. I actually have no memory of ever supporting QHY cameras natively. Maybe it was something @Jared did.

Oops! You’re correct. I meant to say the native 32-bit QHY Windows drivers, they don’t work with the SGPro 4.x releases.

–Steve

Here’s a data point. I spent several hours trying to get SGPro autofocus working for my setup - Celestron 14" EdgeHD on CGX-L, Moonlite DRO focuser, ASI017C Pro. Clearly I’m doing something wrong, or it’s just too complicated for my simple mind. I loaded Prism, and in 10 minutes or so had perfect focus. I used SGPro for the rest of my imaging session and PHD for guiding. For grins, I went back to SGPro and started an autofocus at the end of my imaging. It came up with a position some hundreds of counts different. Both were binned 2x2. I’ll do the same thing next session and record the exact results. I’m fairly convinced its pilot error, but from an ease of use POVI found Prism much easier.

–Steve

In my case my focuser has to move about 200 steps comparing the beginning of the session with the end of it, when the ambient temperatura is several degrees lower than the beginning.

Renan

0487C792ACCE463ABCE56E5BCB7D47D1.png