Autoguiding when doing calibration frames

I have a sequence with a number of targets defined (they are all the same target).
In each target, I have different length subs, just so I can break things up neatly, especially on targets that have very bright cores.

The last one of these targets, is just darks of various lengths.
If the clouds roll in for a while, I switch over to this and start running darks (I have an opaque filter on the filter wheel). The problem is that trying to run this target, it enables the autoguider, which I don’t need to be running during darks (or any calibration frames). If the clouds are causing guiding errors (lost star), then it tries to abort the entire sequence.

I’d rather run the darks for a while, hope things clear up, then potentially resume at an earlier event.

I understand that in a true “set-and-forget” scenario, this probably isn’t required, but the current option of “Capture calibration frames even if the sequence fails to complete” is no use to me right now, as it will park the scope/dome.

I’d just like an option to “stop autoguiding when doing calibration frames”. It doesn’t impact the current model in any way, but it does enable calibration frames to be run without parking the scope and having any reliance on the autoguider having to work.

Thanks!

SGPro is designed to run the entirety of a sequence and does not understand that the intent is to run only cal frames. If you want to do this manually, you need only uncheck targets with remaining light frames (temporarily) and SGPro should not bother you about guiding.

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Thanks for that - I managed to do exactly that last night by pure accident as the clouds came in and I gave up.

Thanks for the confirmation though!
Rob