Beta 713 - filter/flats settings not retained

Edited the filter settings in Equipment Profile (well, did an “import” from FW driver) - and then saved the profile. But the settings were not retained. And settings successfully saved while on ver 712 were lost when upgraded to 713.

Maybe related: cannot add/edit flats settings by filter (I think this was addressed in an earlier beta but seems to have been re-introduced?)

DaveNL

Thanks. Struggling with this one as the things you describe seem to be working as expected. Are you saying that changes you made in 712 are not present, but it is possible to put restore them or that you can’t modify and save filter data in 713, or both?

HI @Ken
No longer have the ability to enter filter exposure and flatbox intensity in 713 (this worked ok in 712). And the values I had entered in 712 are no longer there.

The filter data entered (imported from FW driver) in 712 was lost when first running 713. Had to re-import (which is easy enough).

In 713 (Equip Profile), I can reproduce the disappearing Filter data by:

• Equip Profile - Filter Tab - Set Filters - Import
  • Save Equip Profile
  • OK (close Equip Profile window)
  • Open Equip Profile window
  • Filter Tab - Set Filters - voila, empty filter data

In a 713 created sequence, I was able to configure the filter data and it seemed to ‘stick’ - long enough for me to do some imaging last night at least.

Hope these ramblings are more helpful :crazy_face:

Dave

Hmm. Ok thx. Just to cover all the bases, when you open the profile editor, are you actually clicking the name of the profile on the left before going to the filter tab? I think that 4.0 used to auto select the first profile and that may be broken in 4.1 and, by default, just nothing is selected.

Yes, was selecting profile from list on left before proceeding with any changes/ browsing of the profile. I’ve been ‘conditioned’ on this from many past profile edits …

I don’t recall (or didn’t notice?) the auto selection of profile on starting Equip profile editor, in the past. But certainly burned many times (often in hurry) opening editor and selecting tab/making changes only to realize I have not selected profile yet!

Dave

Hmm… ok, I hate to ask for it since it’s not as easy to get to as logs, but it seems like your profile might be in a weird state. Could you make it available so I can try to reproduce?

Hmmm … I was having trouble a few weeks ago (pre beta) with problematic (corrupted?) profile and sequence configurations. To the point where I did a complete uninstall of SGP and clear-out of all remaining folders/config files I could find. That’s when I did a fresh install of the beta and rebuild of the equipment and user profiles.

Here is the equipment profile:

Esprit150_QHY128C.sgp (16.2 KB)

Maybr there is something going on, on my end. Should it be ok to save the equipment profile, sequence etc on a network share (hardwired ethernet)?

Dave

Not sure what this is worth but … just noticing that some of the files previously saved by SGP were “back dated” by about 2 hours (ie. if file saved at 3am, time stamp was ~1am). Even though the PC is correct timezone and time (running Dimension4), and the NAS (Seagate) was also set to correct timezone and time. Possibly affected sequence/profile files as well. Not sure how that kind of timestamp misalignment could even happen …

I have moved the equipment profile to the obsy PC C: drive (from network drive) and restarted. Everything seems to be working ok now (can enter filter flatbox settings etc). And file time stamps (currently capturing flats) seems to be ok.

DaveNL

Oh, weird so the issue seems to be with the NAS? Are you using a UNC path or are you using a normal Windows letter drive mapped to a UNC?

It was UNC which I generally try to stick to, such as:

\Seagate-dp4\media\ASTRO_NEW
\Seagate-dp4\files\Personal\Dave\Astronomy\SGP\Profiles

I have not noticed any file date/time anomalies outside of SGP. But I have not been particularly looking for it up to now either.

At this time, I can’t seem to reproduce the issue outside SGP. And SGP is behaving since I moved the profile to C: drive.

DaveNL