Bizarre enough I don't even have a title for this!

I’ve had this happen twice now. I programmed in a night of imaging, created two sequences. For example purposes I’ll use the latest…

Set SGP to start imaging the Butterfly nebula at 10:17pm and end at 12:59am. Then switch to M27 at 1:00am and image it until 4:30am.

All starts fine and it images the Butterfly until 12:59am, but when it gets to switching to M27, SGP acts like it did, but really doesn’t and continues to image the Butterfly nebula now using the M27 image naming and number of frames I told it to take and the time frame to image within.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is this a bug possibly?

Using latest stable version.

Thanks,

Do you have Slew or Center On set for your M27 target?

Is so we’ll need logs to see what happened.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared - here is the log Amazon Drive

I didn’t see anything myself that stood out. Maybe you will.

Yes I had center on enabled.

Thanks!

Hi Shawn,

This setting does not look right to me:

Regards,
Horia

Thanks Horia - I missed that in the log. I did have center on checked though. I remember doing it when I was setting up the imaging run for M27. Somehow it didn’t save it? I’d hate to have this dismissed because I’ve legitimately encountered this problem twice now. Why would SGP, if it didn’t see center on for M27, not stop the imaging run for the Butterfly as it was supposed to at 12:59am? Instead SGP just carried on imaging it, but using the M27 name and sequence settings. I would have expected it to stop imaging as instructed.

The good thing from this was even though I didn’t get M27 data I got double on the Butterfly! :slight_smile:

I’ll do some more testing with this and see if it happens a third time.

It did switch over to M27 at 1am:

[08-03-19 00:58:34.363][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] DoEventGroupChange: Changing to event group: M27
[08-03-19 00:58:34.363][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] DoEventGroupChange: Waiting for start time 2019-08-03 1:00:00 AM...
[08-03-19 01:00:00.406][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Start time is good...
[08-03-19 01:00:00.406][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Checking for start delay...
[08-03-19 01:00:00.928][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] DoEventGroupChange: Complete
[08-03-19 01:00:00.929][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Attempting to find next event...

It does seem like “Center On” or “Slew” were not enabled on the target. It also looks like a lot of the targets in your sequence have those values set to False.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared - I will do a couple more tests to see what happens and report back. Thanks for the help so far.