Cannot locate AAG CloudWatcher files required by SGP/ASCOM

When seeking to use the AAG CloudWatcher as the Safety Monitor in SGP the set up prompts that the ASCOM driver needs a single line .dat file from the AAG Windows software. However, whilst the CloudWatcher software indicates a .dat file (AAG_SLD.dat) exists in the AAG folder on the C: drive, I can find no such .dat file in the AAG folder on the C: drive.

In addition, when seeking to use the AAG CloudWatcher as the Environmental Device in SGP the set up prompts that the ASCOM requires a JSON data file from the CloudWatcher windows software. Once again, I can find no JSON data file in the AAG folder on the C: drive.

Can anyone assist with where these data files are hiding in order that I can set up the CloudWatcher as a safety and an environmental device on SGP.

Is your Cloudwatcher connected to a Windows PC or an AAGSolo?

CS
Allen

Hi Allen, the AAG is connected to a Windows PC. The OS is Windows 10.

Best Wishes,

Alistair

Sorry, I don’t really know how the AAG works with Windows. I assume, that you’re using the AAG_Cloudwatcher software and if so, have you configured your PC as the Master?

When you run the installation of the SW and configure it as the Master you are able to state the directory for “Network shared directory” which would be the place to look for the files.

Regards,
Allen

Dear Allen,

I entirely understand. I have now managed to access the .dat file by re-directing the path in the CW software. This is now allowing the Safety function in SGP to communicate with the CW.

The remaining issue is that the Environment module in SGP asks for a JSON.dat file containing the user data but the CW only seems to produce .CSV files for the user data. I cannot see a way for SGP to convert the .CSV into a JSON file and SGP will not read the .CSV file.

I will keep puzzling on this.

Many thanks again.

I have now also found a solution for the Environment module. The answer appears to be to select the ASCOM Boltwood Observing Conditions option from the Environment module’s drop down menu and then use the Boltwood type .dat file from the AAG in the path line when setting it up. This allows SGP to display all of the environmental conditions from the CW save for brightness, which I understand from other threads cannot be communicated via the Boltwood type .dat file.

A