Canon:Error in PropID_SaveTo - EDS_ERR_INVALID_HANDLE

Description

<Having some recent troubles with taking an image with my Canon 6D Mark ii. I had a successful night of imaging on the 9th of August. Tried to run some darks and bias on the 10th of August and constantly getting ‘PropID error and Error attempting to capture image’. In a nut shell it sometimes takes an image, when it does it might take a few before throwing the error again.
I updated to newest version of SGP prior to imaging night so I know that can’t be an issue. No other changes were made to camera, software or hardware.
I’ve done some research and have tried changing a few things - Mirror Lock up, Long Exposure and High ISO noise reduction, Different USB cables, Checked and updated camera firmware, Checked and updated windows update. But still not having much luck.

One of the errors in Log file time : 21:15:05.104

Much appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
Micheal >

Link to Logs

https://pastelink.net/1vnpn

Useful Info

Ver: <3.1.0.544>

I’m not seeing anything in that log but it only goes until 21:14:04 for me so it seems truncated.

There have been some Canon updates in the last couple of versions so updating may indeed be the issue. I’ll run some tests against the 6D I have to see if there are any issues. You can also try 3.1.0.478 as this was prior to the Canon changes.

Jared

Thank you Jared. I’ll have to pull up the log again and try and resend link.
I will try and downgrade to .478 that may just sort it out.
Micheal

So finally got to get something happening and get a fresh log file. Ive been busy.

Still unsure on what is happening. I have everything connected inside the house while the weather is grim.
Thanks in advance
Micheal

Oh and I tried the downgrade to .478 ( Currently still on that version )

So had some new gear connected tonight. But tried it again and got 2 images in before it aborted.
Really need this sorted :frowning:
SGP Log File

Do you have an SD card in the camera? Can you remove it or make sure that it is near empty?

Jared

Thanks Jared.
Tried with no card in the camera and seems to be working just fine now.
Appreciate your help.
Micheal