Collimation assistance

It would be very helpfull for collimating an RC scope to be able to save the current focus setting and then be able to quickly send the focuser to one or two predefined out of focus points. After collimation it might then be possible to quickly move back to the correct focus point.

Thank you.

Hello! not sure what you are asking is a SGP function however more of the focusers ASCOM functions. I have a Rigelsys focuser and the ASCOM driver allows me to have 5 predefined focus positions. For collimating a RC you don’t need SGP in the loop. Just use the ASCOM driver. Here is a screen of mine (the defined positions are not populated in mine by choice.

Maybe that will be all you need. Sorry if I misunderstood the premise of your post.

CL
rigel focuser

Hi CL,
thank you for your reply but what you’re suggesting is not applicable for PrimaLuceLabs Focusers, but that’s besides the point. I can write down the focus point and then move the focuser in SGP. Not a problem.

This is a request for a new feature in SGP though, since I think it would help make things more convenient.

Regards,
Allen

I know what you mean. When I’m collimating my 10" RCT I set the coarse focus jump to 300 (in my case), which allows me to jump back and forth. Of course, as soon as you change collimation, you also change focus position, so well-defined focus points are a bit of a waste of time.