- Scope: SiTech II (Mesu 200)
- Obs: LesveDomeNet (Uniwersal dome)
I am using Sequence Generator Pro, connecting in SGP my mount directly to SiTechII and my dome to LesveDomeNet (LDN).
Slaving works perfectly.
However, dome OPEN and CLOSE commands in SGP result in odd behaviour.
Typically the dome will not OPEN/CLOSE, or only partially so. Once I saw an OPEN/CLOSE command (can’t remember which one) rotate the dome.
If on the other hand I OPEN/CLOSE the dome from LesveDomeNet, all works as expected.
Problem: I’d like SGP to be able to CLOSE the dome reliably at the end of a sequence, or when the safety monitor says “unsafe”.
Perhaps I misunderstood or missed some parameters.
If anyone uses SGP and LesveDomeNet (and SiTechII), would you kindly advise me on the following:
- For the dome, LesveDome provides both a PARK and a HOME option. One can choose to “operate at HOME position” or “operate at PARK position”. I have to date operated at HOME position. I am not entirely certain that I understand the difference between the dome HOME and PARK positions.
- Which one does SGP use? HOME of PARK?
- The other thing I can think of is that LDN, rather than interpreting my limit switches, uses a time delay to decide whether the dome is open or closed. In my case 120". Would this time delay mess up SGP’s understanding of whether the dome is fully opened or closed.
- Does SGP close the dome when “disconnecting”? I assume that it does.
- Is it normal for the scope to park after the dome?
Perhaps a kind soul with a LesveDomeNet dome using SGP could enlighten me, and share his/her start-up and sequence-end work flow for the scope and dome with me.
- Right now I tried to open the dome twice in quick succession and failed: It opened 10 cm. Closing also failed. It almost closed, but not fully. 5 minutes later I clicked on SGP’s OPEN button: Dome opened perfectly. CLOSE: perfect closure. Repeated OPEN/CLOSE cycle in SGP: Perfect again. Not sure what is going on here.
- I used to connect SGP via POTH+POTH, but the direct connection using SitechII + LesveDomeNet appears to work well, other than at sequence end.
- I’ll posted this also on the LesveDome forum.