Error on startup

I am only able to correctly plate solve manually when I override the suggested scale.

I have set my scale correctly to 1.9 in the equipment manager and control panel. When I take a focus shot and save it, I can upload this file to Astronomy.net and it solves correctly and confirms the 1.9 scale.

However, when I use SGP to plate solve or center it fails and it believe it is failing because it is trying to use 4.2 as the scale. However I am using 1x1 binning.

Like I said when it fails, if I right click and go to plate solve and click blind plate solve and change 4.2 to 1.9, it works in seconds. If I leave it as 4.2 it fails, and it fails when I try to plate solve in a sequence. Please help!

If you can detail the steps you are performing (there are multiple paths to plate solve) and provide logs, we can take a look.

Details on logs are here:

Here is a link to the log file:

Here is a link to the file:

Here is the FITS Header.

When I try and right click → plate solve, the scale is auto-populated with 4.2, because this is in the header file. Plate solving proceeds to fail. However, when i upload the same file to Astronomy.net, it correctly identifies the scale as 1.97. Subsequently, when I right click → plate solve and override the manual 4.2 with 1.97, the plate solving succeeds.

In the control panel and the equipment profile that is set to default, the camera scale is listed correctly as 1.97.

Thanks and please let me know if you need additional info

Based on your description, it seems like plate solving via right click is functioning properly. The question then becomes how did 4.8 "/px get written into the header? Did this image come from a sequence? The name looks like it did… Or did it come from right click and save as fits?

This file was created from a sequence that attempted to run but never could center because it was not able to plate solve. The same issue happens when i capture a photo in focus and fame and then save as mono FITS.

Plate solving via right click only works if i change the scale. plate solving does not seem to be the issue, the issue seems to be that the scale is not being correctly captured from my profile to the FITS. Do i need to clear a cashe or something?

I am not clear on this. How could a sequence image be saved if the sequence could not start?

Sorry, it would start but not finish if i had centering selected. I ended up turning centering off to capture the photos, albiet in the wrong part of the sky.

I am not able to look at logs just this moment, but it strikes me as odd that the pixel size is 4.8 microns and the scale is also exactly 4.8 "/px.

Also, when I try to start a new sequence I get the following error:

Here are the details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path)
at r1.i(String A_0)
at r1.b(EquipmentProfile A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
at r1.g8()
at SequenceGenerator.MDIImageForm.d5(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Let me know if there is anything additional I can provide. I think the sequence was originally set up with the wrong scale but now i cannot make a new sequence so its locked in that way on the header…

I am not sure what you mean here. Why can’t you make a new sequence?

I posted it in this thread… i gave the alert and the details.

I can put a log file when i get off work i guess.

Ah right… I missed that post. I am noticing that you are using a beta version of SGPro that is more than a month and a half old (20 releases behind). Before we do anything, please go ahead and update to the latest beta.