Flat Box USB 250mm Artesky - help!

hi

I recently purchased the Flat Box USB 250mm Artesky, on connecting the flatbox via the equipment menu, im met with the following error

I have ascom 6.4 installed along with the latest sgp pro build v3.1.0.558

com port 6 works via the standalone artesky app, also works fine in n.i.n.a, im only met with the error in sgp pro

any help would be much appreciated.

For the time being you can either roll back to SGP 3.1.0.544 or you can install ASCOM 6.5 to get around the issue and I’ll address it in a future version.

Jared

Actually what device are you choosing there? The ICoverCalibrator is new in ASCOM 6.5. SGP does support this now but if you have an older version of ASCOM it won’t work. I tried the 3.1.0.558 release on my observatory machine (ASCOM 6.4) and did not receive this error in the manner I thought you did.

Are you using the Artesky Flatbox from within SGP or some other device?

Jared

Hi Jared I’m using the Artesky 250 usb flat box within sgp pro. It doesn’t allow me to connect or configure the com port.

If I use any other application is n.i.n.a , arestky own standalone software it connects , it just seems it’s an issue with the current build. I’ll rollback to the previous build and test again tonight. I’ll let you know what happens

Hi

I’ll rollback and test it out. I’m trying to hold off on Ascom 6.5 as it’s new and folks are identifying compatibility issues with other devices.

Hi

Jared

I rolled back to V3.1.0.544, it seems to work, i guess its an issue with the new build v3.1.0.558

Yes, upgrading to ASCOM 6.5 would have also addressed it as well. Basically ASCOM 6.4 doesn’t support the CoverCalibrator and we were querying for it too soon. I’ve added better handling for this case.

Jared

Thanks, also are there any plans to allow colour changes of the GUI themes of sgp pro.

Not directly at the moment. There have been some user contributed methods though:

Jared

thanks for the help