FR: Allow user-defined path for log files

I use OneDrive to sync all my images and nightly activity. That includes log files, subs, and have moved my profile information for various apps over to my OneDrive location. Often through the night, I’m in conversation with other local imagers and we have shared each other’s OneDrive folders so we can compare various activities throughout a session. For example, we’ll often compare PHD logs, and compare seeing and guiding results as we’re imaging various targets.

It would be nice to have the ability to set (and honestly, I don’t care so much if it’s a registry edit) the location of all log files and profile files in a place where they’re automatically backed up (and optionally shared) with an online service such as OneDrive or Dropbox.

Thanks for considering this feature request!

Dave

Dave,
You can currently do that for profiles.
http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/GeneralOptions.html

Logs only stick around for a week but if you want to back them up with Dropbox or similar you can create a symlink to that directory.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared. I grabbed an old “SyncToy” tool that provides the ability to sync the log file folder on demand to the location of my choice (a OneDrive folder), which essentially works around the need.

Not super high priority, not more compelling than many feature requests, but the basic idea is that across all the data that is saved in SGP, or the configurations, or logging, the user should be able to define the location of those files.

Thanks for listening.

Dave