Framing & Mosaic Wizard with OAG guide camera

In the framing wizard, how can I add an OAG guide camera ‘frame’ in addition to the imaging camera?

i suspect i know the answer, but if not are there any plans to add this capability?

it’s tough to image at long focal lengths were i have to carefully rotate to get a workable guidestar

thanks

Brian

bump - any feedback, not possible, future?

Not currently. I’m also not entirely sure how this would end up getting displayed. The FMW doesn’t really take pier side into account so if you had the ±180 option in use then you’d end up with 2 guide camera windows per frame (one for either side of the pier). If you used the “always” option then you’d just have a single guide camera window per frame.

Jared

Brian,

I rely on Stellarium to determine guide stars with the OAG sensor view in the oculars panel. A while ago, I made a request to the Stellarium developers to include an OAG sensor rotation angle control in the panel displayed on the planetarium screen. They included this upgrade in V 21.0 (?) Setting the offset parameter to match what the OAG guide camera actually sees took some trial and error. Once I have found my composition in Stellarium, I then use SGP’s Framing and Mosaic wizard at the equatorial rotation from Stellarium for the imaging camera. Has not failed me yet with my Celestron 9.25" SCT and OAG to get close to planned guide camera FOV during imaging.

One issue I have with using SGP’s F&M wizard is that many of the images used to frame the target have too many stars that I cannot determine which ones can be used for guiding in the OAG FOV. Stellarium gives me magnitudes and I can guide with stars down to Mag 13 to 13.5 (maybe even 14).

Mark W