How can I activate 3.1

Hello,

I plan to image tonight and I’m very concerned the new licensing system will mean I miss out on a clear night.

I went to register my laptop and get the following;

I’ve changed my password on the new site to exclude non alpha-numeric characters and still get the same error.

I’m unable to go to the registration system, please help.

Ian

1 Like

I’m having this exact same problem and I think it’s probably because it’s probably sending an error page instead of the requested base64 data - some error in their systems no doubt. I can no longer login or even find my account to change my password - I only purchased a few days ago and everything was fine then…

Ah, I see there is a post about user/system migration so that seems to be the cause…

You look to have figured this out, but just following up. Any issues moving to 3.2?

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.
I figured it out in time to image last night, more through desperation than good documentation.

I think it would have really helped to include in your bot email;
“If you don’t wish to subscribe at this time then you MUST install the latest 2.x / 3.x version from here and activate the licence using the key in this email. Previously installed versions will not be licensed and won’t work”

I spent a good while panicking and trying to licence my previous install, it wasn’t clear to me that it was a hard requirement to install 3.2.

Thanks again,
Ian