How can I run a script from another program and tell SGP to shut down?

You would really need to trust your sensing equipment. As Jared suggested earlier I think a variety of input sources would be required to make that risk assessment. Possibly some sort of user risk acknowledgement too.

Trent

2 Likes

Trent agreed. I think most people with setups like mine are willing to accept that risk. If I remember correctly, both CCDCC and CCDAP make it explicit you have to know your system before you allow something like that to happen.

Done,
The video of the Tektite-ASCOM-SG Pro is up on youtube. I will release the new software within 24 hours.

Cheers,

Trent

3 Likes

:thumbsup: Trent, Nice Job
Thanks to your contribute, SGP has taken another step forward with this exciting alternative.

1 Like

Hello,
Today I released the ASCOM driver and a new version of Tektite Skies that allows for an interface with SGPro via ASCOM.

McDougall Tech ASM is free, and will always be free, and is not limited to use with Tektite Skies. Thanks to Main Sequence Software and the SGPro forum members forum for the motivation to get this done. Details can be found on my webpage.

http://www.mcdougalltech.com/page8/page8.html

Cheers,

Trent

2 Likes

Woohoo! Thanks Trent! :smile:

Hello,

I would like to test the software - unfortunately I did not find a manual and all the settings are not self-explaining to me. Is there a manual available? Any suggestions which internet link to use for testing purposes as long as there is no camera installed at my home?

My intention is to be waked up if it gets cloudy. Just to be sure to stop the equipment at the balcony before rain may damage the equipment while I am asleep.

Kr,
Robse

Found a link http://tel05.ast.cam.ac.uk/images/latest_image.jpg?

But some explanatoin about settings, tresholds, brighness values and so on would be nice!

1 Like

I suggest you join the Tektite Skies news groups, you will have more detailed answers

Tektite Skies Yahoo Newsgroup

regards
Geremia

1 Like

Hi Kr,
A manual is on it’s way. Please do join the group. There is a demo file on my website in the downloads called “demo.bmp”. In addition to mouse over explanations, there is a tutorial for its use at:

Cheers,

Trent

Hi,

great! Thanks! I already tried to subscribe but it looks like the application is not being sent out… But this would be an Issue with Yahoo!

Looking forward to your manual. Next thing for me is to think about the webcam and proper focus through the window…

Kr
Robse

Robse,

I’d head over there too. Honestly, I just spent 10-15 minutes playing with it and managed to get it pretty effective. Thanks for trying it out :smile:

Chris

Hi Andy,
Please send me your AutoIO script. @Buzz and I are interested in creating a script to do extensive control of SGP. Your script would give us a leg up on the project.
Thanks, Jerry

Hi Jerry, since writing that post many months ago I have long since abandoned the AutoIt approach and no longer use AutoIt to control SGP.
Andy

Do you still have a copy of the script you were using? That would be helpful.
Did you abandon it because of issues with AutoIT, or because you no longer needed it?

Jerry, Feel free to contact me off-list. I believe you have my email address.
Andy

Hi Andy,

I can’t find your email address. I think maybe it just went through the forum like this one.

If you could pass on any suggestions about using the AutoIT script I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jerry

andy.galasso@gmail.com

Andy