How to disable switches management in SGP

Description

Hi Support,
I have a Tecnosky switch board with proprietary software (named TS_Server) to control the observatory roof and the switches. Using this TS_Server I can turn on and off the switches BUT… since I’ve upgraded to SPG 4, when SGP is open, the TS_Server disconnect the switches. I can’t use TS_Server anymore to control my switches if SGP is open (but switchers are not connected in the control panel).

I don’t want that SGP manages or interfere with my switches. Is there the possibility to say to SGP to ignore this switch? I want to manage manually the switches.
Please assist, I need manual control of switches, not they’re under SGP control.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Marco

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver:

Can you tell me what (exact) version of SGPro you are using?

4.1.0.850 downloaded couple of days ago

I am not sure why this would happen with 4.1. When the sequence loads, it interrogates any available switch devices so that it can display the device’s switches in the grid. Maybe this causes them to disconnect? Typically, drivers can handle more than 1 connection, but maybe this one can’t? I’ll need to think about how to avoid this…

Hi Ken, once the sequence loads, TS_Server disconnects and I have heard from other friends they have the same issue also with other software. What I’m looking for is a wayo to say SGP “please forget all the switches, don’t see them, ignore them” because they’re managed externally.
Is there a way to exclude switches from SGP management?

thanks
MB

There is currently no way to do this. The assumption is that a switch driver:

• will allow for multiple connections (and not take any action)
  • or, if the driver does not support multiple connections, the driver will not allow a subsequent attempt to connect until the previous client is disconnected. Allowing SGPro to hijack the switch from another client is not ideal.

I’ll consider something in a future release.