Can't start sequence - Plate Solver required

From using Sequence Generator Pro, it appears that I have no choice to to use a plate solver. I am not set up to use a plate solver. I do not want to use one. I went into the Control Panel, Equipment Profiles and also the Target Settings. There were options for not selecting a plate solver. I did all that I could to disable the plate solver. When I run a sequence I always get an error message telling me to go to the Control Panel and select a plate solver. I cannot get around this issue. I have reviewed your manual and see no way to disable the plate solver. I want my money back! This product is much too constraining. I want my money back! I want my money back! I am contacting my credit card company.

You absolutely don’t need to use a plate solver. The error comes because you have selected an option that requires a plate solver and has nothing to do with selection of a plate solver. To bypass this error you either need to:

• Select a plate solver to do the things you ask the sequence to do.
  • Deselect things that require a plate solver.

Again, there is absolutely no requirement to use a plate solver and, to be fair, you have not given us much of a chance to provide assistance.

That said, if you are within 30 days of purchase, we offer a no questions asked refund policy and there is no need to contact your credit card company. For personal matters such as licensing or refund requests, please email support@mainsequencesoftware.com

I really want to use this product and I am in agreement with your response but I spent all last night looking for the “selected option that requires a plate solver”. You have not given me enough to go on. I am concluding that this recent release has not been thoroughly tested. I am running Sequence Generator Pro 32 v4.1.0.789. I am running the 32 bit version because I have an older camera with 32 bit drivers. On the Sequence Window I created a sequence IC4605. If I hover over the sequence name there is a window that pops up. Under “When target starts”, (Slew is not used), then (Centering is not used), then (Camera rotation is not used), then start auto-guiding. If I click on the gear to the right of the sequence name, I get a Target Settings dialog. For Location (J2000), When target starts: do not move to location. Camera Rotation: not selected. Time & Altitude Constraints, Start at: not selected, End at: not selected. I do not press the “Center Now” button, just OK at the bottom. I have thoroughly gone through your “Sequence Generator Pro.pdf” looking to see how to disable/not use the plate solver. I find nothing. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DESELECT SO THAT A PLATE SOLVER IS NOT REQUIRED. That selection should be on the Target Settings dialog! I have been a software developer for over 30 years in the semiconductor industry. So I know machine control software. I know how it should be tested. The telescope I am using is very fast and very wide field. It is like a camera lens. I can get all of my imaging done easily in one night. I am imaging the Milky Way. Way too many stars. I DO NOT WANT TO BE FORCED TO PLATE SOLVE! FIX THE PROBLEM!!

There are several options that use the plate solver. Providing logs that show opening the sequence in question will be the fastest way to an answer. Submitting logs is easy and can be just a few button clicks from within SGPro.

• Open SGPro
  • Open the sequence you are attempting to use (it may already be open)
  • Submit the logs.

There is no need to be aggressive or combative… we’ll help out either way, but it will be easier with civil discourse.

Guidance for submitting logs is here:

Linking the support request resolution:

Ken, thank you for your prompt and detailed response. I appreciate it, sincerely. I also apologize for my earlier correspondence. You gave me the insight I needed. It was the auto meridian flip that prevented me from successfully performing the sequence. I have tested it. It is working to my satisfaction. It is an excellent product. I look forward to using the product and maintaining my subscription. Thank you again for your help and assistance.

1 Like

All good. I am going to change the title of this thread to correspond with the actual issue (for future search).

Ken,

That is fine. I agree.

Andy