Issue with Nightscape 8300

Nice trick Jussi!

Hey Jussi! Interesting trick … for me, though, same results ((sigh)) … I’ve got another 8300 on the way, a KAF10100 based 95555, so I’ll see if that makes a difference otherwise like I mentioned I’ll use SGP for what it’s good with (my Nikon D90) and MaximDL (using either CCD Commander or CCD AutoPilot) with what it’s good with (the 8300) …

Cheers!

Darn. I was hoping it worked :confused:

Yep … well, we’ll see if things are different when the KAI 10100 based NightScape shows up … thanks again for the help, and as I mentioned SGP works very nicely with the D90! Onward to my goal of a picture of something by 2017!

1 Like

You’ll get there :slight_smile:️ You ever thought about an ASI1600? They’re kind of the new hotness these days.

OK, the 10100 variant of the Nightscape seems to work properly; frame and focus gives a “black” frame, and the histogram for a dark shows most of the pixels at the far left of the graph … so, I can continue to fiddle with SGP with both the D90 and the 10100 … I don’t know what the problem was with the 8300, maybe a bad unit or a bad model. I’ll see if I can return it to Celestron and let them fiddle with it …