License woes, upgrade to 3.2, activation fails

Hi,

Because I ran into support problems with Windows 7. I tried to install 3.2 on a recent pc. However, even though I have 3 licenses SGP Pro 3, I cannot get it to activate.

License Error: activation api call failed (0)

I read about a change of license system for 3.2, and a recommendation to do upgrades asap, but ok, I must have missed that. Somewhere it mentioned the
instructions are in the mail, but I never got that mail it seems…

How can I now activate my SGP 3.2? I am stuck.

Thanks

Dodi

Anyone still alive here? The issue is blocking imaging :frowning:

Whatever I do, with the 3.2 I always get the attached error when activating my v3 license. In my account I see I have three licenses available, with the license code. I copy that one to the activation dialogue box/ Not seeing what I can do else…sgp

Hi Dominque,

I’ve had the same problem last week when trying to activate an SGP license on a computer with an instance of SGP that had a expired trial license. Nothing really helpful in the log files other than activation failed with an “unknown error”. In the end I have uninstalled SGP, removed the SGP program folders, rebooted the computer and went for a clean install. Then I could activate SGP and restore the preferred configuration from a backup. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hans

1 Like

Brilliant Hans!!!

I had deinstalled SGP already, and retried, but removing the local data + reboot did it! Now activated!

Thanks for the description Hans. I’ll look into that and see if I can figure out how to make that less janky.

Was there ever a developer solution for this?

I have experiences this 2 separate occasions with activation. I am not experiencing this with deactivation of the software to move to a new pc…

Thanks