Lost HFR calculation

I no longer get the Half Flux Radius (HFR) calculations when I clicked on the Star icon for an image or in the Image Statistics display. But this no longer happens. Did I make a selection that disabled HFR? With this off, I cannot do autofocus.
Fred Klein

Fred,

I am not sure what this means… Please be more specific (like step by step specific). That button has nothing to do with Auto focus.

Ken

I figured out what the problem was. In the dialog Autofocus Options, I had set “Crop Autofocus Frames by” to 50 % thinking that it would process only the center half of the frame, but I guess this comes in half of the width from each side, leaving nothing left to evaluate. I will change this to 25%.

Resolved.

Fred Klein

Fred,
There’s really not a lot of good reasons to use the crop option. Unless your field is tilted (one side is in focus while the other side is not) then you should probably not use the Crop Autofocus option.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

And of course if your field is not flat (i.e. preventing SGPro from choosing AF stars at the edges of your frame all the way around).

1 Like