Lost user control during sequence

I must say that I am delighted with the most recent versions of SGP. For the first time I am able to connect camera, filter wheel, focuser and telescope as well as PHD2 for guiding. Everything has been connecting fine for the last four nights. I have been experimenting with the features and options during the full moon phase. Tonight I selected M001 as the target and S2, O3 and Ha as the filters. After starting PHD2 and then the sequence I started adjusting the PHD2 exposure times looking for the sweet spot. I started at 1.5 seconds, moved to 1.0 seconds and then tried 0.5 seconds. There was no noticeable difference over the long run. When I switched back to SGP the first frame had downloaded (10 minute S2). When I tried to adjust the image size to 100% nothing happened but an error sound (ding). I tried clicking on several menu items and only got the ding. Control W - ding, control E - ding. The sequence continued to run and images continued to be downloaded but the user interface was frozen. This has not happened in previous nights. Is there a log that I can provide to help identify the problem? If no one else has experienced this then just wait for a reoccurrence.
Thank you guys,

Frank
37 N - 121 W

Some additional info:

SGP was waiting for a response: “the sequence has changed. Do you want to save the sequence”. However, the response screen was not visible.

It should not happen again.

Frank
37 N - 121 W

Yes. . It seems worse for some users than others. Sometimes our dialog Windows appear behind other Windows. We are not sure exactly why. It likely has to do with the very custom module based docking framework. We will continue to look, but this issue has been around for a while.

I have run into this and if you hit Esc (or Enter might work as well) it generally dismisses the hidden response box and gives control back without interfering with the sequence.
…Keith

Would pressing “Alt-Tab” to switch windows or modules work?

Peter

I have tried on occasion to find the hidden window using Alt-Tab and it hasn’t worked for me - might work in some cases though. I find it more reliable to hit escape.
…Keith

Agreed. We have gone through all of our dialogs to ensure that they can be manipulated with keyboard command. If you have your sound on, the dead give away is a “ding” noise when you click on the main SGPro window. I have one other idea that will go out with 2.4 (but I am not sure if it will work).

I have seen this kind of thing before, like the Microtouch USB dialog. I recall I could select the offending window from the bottom toolbar - so I would hover over the SGP icon and the SGP-related windows would show up…

Peter,

Thanks for the tip. I am better prepared for the next occurrence.

Frank
37 N - 121 W

Hi Ken

Thanks for the response. It was not a serious problem as the sequence continued. I am better prepared to deal with it in the future.

Frank
37 N - 121 W

Keith,

Thanks for the tip! It has also been suggested that ALT+TAB could switch between modules.

Frank
37 N - 121 W

Keith,

Thanks, I will keep that in mind too.

Frank
37 N - 121 W