Manual Rotation With 'Take One'

My scope is pier mounted 100 feet away (and downstairs) from the nice mosquito-less room where I run my image sessions. I don’t have an automatic rotator but would like to capture some mosaics. I understand the manual rotator function…take an image, plate solve, rotate, and confirm.

I have a camera with which I can watch the computer remotely on my phone while at the pier. But don’t want to run up and down stairs for what might be multiple adjustments of the image angle for each plate of the mosaic.

Q: Can the camera be made to Loop in the ‘Take One’ function while this rotation adjustment is being made?

I realize this may not be possible because of the need to plate solve each image to check the angle. Is there a script that can be generated that would facilitate a loop of images along with the plate solve function? Would this be a viable request for a Feature Request?

I know an automatic rotator would solve this situation, but even Zeus is shaking his head in disbelief at how much I’ve already spent to capture photons.

Thanks for your time…and Clear Skies

Kind of. You will need to set the desired sky angle of the target (in target settings), then, with gear connected, right click the target, and choose the option to “center and rotate”. Wait for the mount to finish the initial centering slew and it will verify the rotation. If it is not within tolerance, a dialog will popup telling you direction and magnitude of the require manual rotation. Click OK and SGPro will continue to refine its centering and rotation angle with no input from the user required. Note that the number of attempts to achieve success is capped by a user definable parameter.

See Scope Centering Options Here: Auto Center

Great! Thank you for that, Ken.

I was trying to run through the process with a camera/mount/(manual and auto) rotator simulator but get this error:

I am running ASCOM 6.5. can’t seem to get the simulators to do it. I’ll give it a try at the scope Monday-ish. (I unparked the sim scope and it just locked up SGP. But it tried.)

Thanks for the help Ken.

(And I’ll report back on actual meridian flips. I have four sequenced.)