Marquee Drawn In Wrong Spot

Yes, you suggested that as an issue but I replied that the font scaling was set at the Windows 8 “Recommended size” However, you are on to something because I tried the font scaling smaller than the recommended size and it does seem to solve the problem.

So to summarize there are three font scales available:

Smaller than recommended size = OK
Recommended size = Not OK
Larger than recommend size = Not OK

What has font scaling got to do with drawing the selection marquee? Are you using some .Net interface that I am not familiar with? With old school methods, one just drew the marque lines based on the mouse cursor coordinates which are independent of any font scaling.

I do wonder why the marquee is related to font scaling. In my experience, I draw it myself and it is all in screen coordinates so unrelated to fonts.

I am now seeing this same issue with the Framing & Mosaic Wizard. I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 on the same machine and there is no screen resolution where the marquee is drawn in the right position. The marque is always being drawn up and left of the cursor. The recommended resolution is 1920x1080 (the largest) and no smaller resolution works. Very had to use this feature. I don’t know whether this was an issue with Windows 8.1 as I never tried F&M with it.

If you want me to debug this issue, I’ve got all the Microsoft development tools. We really do need to figure this out.

This is not a true statement in general (for other folks reading this). For most installs of Windows 10, the MFW works just fine. I’m sorry it’s not working for you and we can refund your money if you’d like.

We do not allow code contributions from users, nor do we allow users access to the code base (this is a real business… not an open source project). Thanks for the offer. We will troubleshoot when we can.

Let’s back up a bit. I did not mean to suggest that this was a general Windows 10 problem nor to suggest you send me sources. You are clever guys so I know you know that there are lots of ways to debug this without sources. Since it happens on my machine and not yours, I made the offer to try to debug this issue.

And, I confirmed that this issue continues with Frame & Focus with Windows 10. So in both cases drawing a marquee does not track the cursor.

In the interim I can use MFW on another machine but not Frame and Focus. So I am keen to get this fixed for me and whoever else it may effect.

Sounds reasonable to me. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how having MS dev tools can help though. What I wish is that I could replicate it any way.

Good news here… I think I found an issue with the Windows DrawReversibleRect function and have it corrected not 100% sure. I can provide a test build for you if interested.

Great, I’d be glad to try it.

I tried FMW on a new Windows 10 machine with the released SGP and it failed. I installed the 2.4.2.6 beta and the issue appears to be fixed. So your hopeful fix seems to have done the job. Great sleuthing!