Merdian Flip Failure CEM60

Could this help?

Those are my settings for the flip.

Regards,

Alfredo

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the help, Alfredo.

I am limited to 2Ā° (8 minutes) past meridian in iOptron Commander because of my pier setupā€¦and canā€™t get any closer since I canā€™t use degree decimals. I may be able to rearrange my setup to get to three degrees past meridian, but that would definitely be the limit.

In SGP I have 7 minutes past (1.75Ā°) to assure that the SGP, the mount, and the computer are well past meridian before commencing the flip. I have had trouble with the mount failing to flip because ASCOM was reporting that the mount was on the same side as the intended flip and the sequence would abort, so I increased the time (and degrees) past meridian.

This has worked in the pastā€¦and works intermittently now. My last imaging run had a failed flip (reset sequence and slewed to target perfectly). A later target flipped perfectly.

After reading your linked thread, I see that I might increase ā€˜settling timeā€™. I did have a very short time entered in the flip setup.

Iā€™ll keep this thread posted.

Thanks again, Alfredo!

Youā€™re welcome Dynan

Before configuring it that way I remember I used to use less than 30 sec settling time. Let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. And Alfredo. Your suggestion worked.

Bottom Line: I increased two Settle Times (Telescopre and Guider) to 20 seconds. All works perfectly now.

Iā€™ll report back, but for now, All is well.

Glad it worked for you. Keep us posted