Muticamera use and dither at same time

Does SGP allow multiple camera use at the same time and dither as well? I have 1 mount with three imaging cameras. zwo asi094mcpro, zwo294mcpro and zwo1600mmpro all on a ioptron CEM120 mount. I would like to control all three cameras and dither as well all at the same time. looking to purchase SGP but I am not sure if I can use it for what I want to do.

Thank you Kindly
Nick

Nick,

The short answer is no, it does not, dither or no dither. It may be implemented in the upcoming Version 4.x

This is no simple task as:

• Multiple cameras mean multiple auto focusers and multiple filter wheels.
  • ASCOM does not have an inherent way of supporting multiple identical devices in the system. This might be – and have sometimes been – implemented by the driver author but is not a standard function.

We may hope for a “Multiple Camera Light” function, where only the master camera gets the complete automation and the slave cameras just do the clicks.

Kind regards,
Horia

I’m also very interested in the v4 multi-camera support (I had a good conversation about it at the SGPro stand at Astrofest in Feb).

I’ve been trying to develop my own software solution to do this - but it just keeps getting harder.

My model is to have a primary imager that runs the mount, does the plate solving, monitors the weather, does the dithering, manages the overarching sequence, runs focus and imaging sequence for the primary camera. I then have the secondary imager(s) that manage their own focusing and imaging. The primary imager co-ordinates imaging across the cameras - coordinate focusing, wait for all exposures to finish before dithering.

Any news when v4 might be available - will we be able to upgrade from v3 to v4 for free?

Many Thanks,

Martin