Obs Dome time out during SGP Shutter.Status check

Thanks Barry. I see you also have a QSI683-WSG. I’ve been in touch with Dave Grennan today, and have the latest version. Yes I was trying to connect via HitecObs and SGP, which didn’t work at all. Will give everything a test tonight and see how it goes.
Peter

Yes, the trick is to only use the ascom driver from within SGP.

Good luck tonight, plenty of clear skies across the UK!

Barry, everything worked perfectly. I’m so pleased. Thanks for your help.
Peter

Excellent :slight_smile: !!

@BarryWilson

Barry - I’m implementing my own ROR and was searching the forum and found this thread. I have seen a some negative reviews on Amazon of the D-Link USB hubs with regard to compatibility and reliability
I switched to StarTech industrial USB2 hubs - (7 and 4-port). They are powered by 12V DC feed and so far, they have performed flawlessly, in cold conditions and fully loaded. I believe they use the favoured NEC chipset too.

Thanks Buzz. It turned out to not be a USB issue but the roof driver.

I have read some positive reviews of the StarTech hubs, I’ll try these if/when I need to replace my current ones.

Hi Barry,
last night I tried getting SGPro to open my roof automatically at the start of the sequence. It did this, but the telescope slewed immediately the roof started to open, and collided with the roof which was still in transit. It seems that the roof driver reported to SGPro that it was open when in reality it was still in transit. Have you encountered such a problem?
Peter

Hi Peter

No I haven’t. There are magnetic sensors for the roof close and roof open positions. This means that the scope doesn’t unpark until the roof reaches the open position and the sensors make contact; and the scope doesn’t beging parking until the senors make contact when the roof closes.

Presuming you have sensors at both open and close positions, I would recommend re-setting the open/close positions following the maintenance procedures. Let me know how you get on.

HTH

Barry