Pegasus powerbox v2

Searching the forum I found this answer to a colleague:

"Yes, you can create a script that runs at the end of the sequence. The tricky thing here is that SGP will wait for your script to complete before finishing some tasks. So actually you would need your script to generate another script which would wait a couple of minutes and then turn things off.

We will have actual support for ASCOM switches in SGP4, which we are working to complete at the moment.

Jared"

The question I ask is if you have already implemented compatibility with pegasus powerbox v2 and if it is positive …

Why doesn’t it appear in the team profile manager?

Assuming you have the switch ASCOM driver installed for the device, you may need to right click on the existing devices in order to enable/view it.

Jared

No, I can right-click whatever I want in the Switches tab of the Equipment Profile Manager, it will still only show the ASCOM Switch V2 Simulator (which is default installed with the ASCOM platform) and the PrimaLuce Eagle (which I do not have and for which not any ASCOM or native driver is installed).

Why would SGP allow me to define actions for a switch that I do not have? I still do not understand why switches are not defined as any other piece of equipment: so only for a certain profile and not for just any profile.

As reported before in other threads on this forum: SGP4 automatically launches the Dragonfly software on my imaging computer even when I am using a profile and location where that switch is not available at all. Presumably SGP detects its existence based on the ASCOM driver. Why doesn’t it show up on the Switches tab then? I can select it as an Observatory on the Other tab.

LIkewise the ASCOM driver for a Pegasus UPBv2 is available, but SGP4 does not show the Pegasus box on the Switches tab. Has anyone seen a Pegasus power box show up in SGP4 like this? If I understand the previous comment from Jared correctly it would have to appear.