Problems with Framing and Mosaic Wizard

I have replaced SkyView as the primary source in favor of Aladin/HiPS. More details later… will make a new post shortly. Beta released this evening.

I also have the same problem. Is there any work around or do we just wait for a fix?

Ditto here

I’m having the same issues as well. I tried with ver 3.0.3.169 and again with Beta ver 3.1.0.366 and they both are giving the “failed” message when trying to create a new frame. When I click fetch, the object RA & Dec coordinates populate, it clocks for a bit then I get a “failed” message.

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I have a fix for this and I will release it shortly.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the update. Is this now in SGP 3.1.0.366? and do I need to download an update? I’m still getting the same failed message but i’m not sure if I need to do something to get this.

Also, it sometimes generates an image of M31 even though that’s not what I’m searching for. ( I did clear the cache as I had an M31 entry in MFW a few months ago)

Ditto, went back to 3.1 but still have the same issue - failed is all I get.

Mine does the same. Any object that fetches an image returns m31. Most requests just give the error message.

Any updates to the situation Ken?

Thanks,

Mikko

Still dead in the water here. I realize it’s Sunday and this isn’t really a life or death situation, but (rightly or wrongly) I really depend on the FMW to set up my imaging. Last night was a bust (not my first!) because off this. Any updates?

I just tried it and it works…servers are back I believe!

See my post above for updates

1 Like

bilgebay - which revision are you using 3.0 or 3.1?

@Mikko_Viljamaa

In this case, it does not matter as the currently available version of 3.1 and 3.0 use the same service for fetching canvas images. The next 3.1 that I will try to release this evening (CST), will change this.

1 Like

I tested it on 3.1… it worked momentarily and it’s down again :frowning:

same here, haven’t been able to get it to work for a couple of days. Just tried again and it failed. I’m on the latest beta.

Same for me. just downloaded 3.1 and still not working. Is there any way to have the framing and mosaic wizard offline by downloading a mosaic library?

@Ken
Since both NASA, ESO and many others has complete DSS image, is it possible to have a choice to change the source of it?
Current one is heavily unusable in China xD

OK, thanks Ken. The reason my question was of course that I haven’t been able to get 3.1 work yet.