Problems with temporary downgrade to prior SGP version

I recently installed SGP 3.1 544 (latest release) on my machine where I had previously used the terminal release of SGP 2.6. Since there seemed to be a few kinks with the software primarily around autoguiding, where it looks like PHD2 is telling SGP that it is guiding when it really isn’t, which resulted in blurry pics for me last night. I also upgraded from PHD2 2.6.8 to 2.6.9 at the same time, so I wanted to revert to SGP 2.6, which I’ve been using successfully, to see if I could isolate the problem further. I reinstalled SGP 2.6 over the top of SGP 3.1, which finished successfully, but when I launch SGP, it dies during license key check on the splash page, and the log contains the following error:

[08/09/20 07:09:07.251][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Licensing: Machine ID found…
[08/09/20 07:09:07.302][DEBUG] [Main Thread] GlobalExceptionHandler caught : Could not load file or assembly ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
[08/09/20 07:09:07.302][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Runtime terminating: True

I’m trying to avoid uninstalling SGP 3.1 first because I don’t want to lose my saved configurations. Any thoughts on how to get back to SGP 2.6?

I would uninstall SGP completely, make sure that the c:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator directory is empty or non-existent.

Then you’ll need to go into your local directory for SGP:
C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro

In there you’ll find .sgp and .sgp.bak files. The .sgp.bak files are from your 2.6 installation and the .sgp files were from the 2.6 -> 3.1 upgrade. You’ll need to either backup or move the .sgp files and rename all the .sgp.bak files to .sgp.

Also any sequences that you’ve opened with SGP 3.1 will have been upgraded in a similar manner and to revert back to the 2.6 sequence you’ll also need to remove the .bak from those sequences.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like