QHY EFW communication problem

SGP will not set a filter in the QHY EFW on the first try. The EFW is connected. After I manually change the filter once, it works.

Im not sure… there are no errors in the log. If you remove the complexity of the sequence from the filter change does the same thing happen? In other words:

• Open SGPro
  • Connect only the filter wheel
  • Using the floating filter wheel module change the filter wheel to a different filter

Does it also fail the first time this way?

The filter changes manually with the control panel. After that is done, the filter is changed by the sequence. It happens every time.

Peter

In a message dated 10/5/2022 9:17:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

Just trying to be clear here:

Immediately after connecting the CFW in SGPro, there is NOT an error when attempting to change the filter (the first time). Is that true?

No error. The filter moves with a manual change. It hangs on the sequence unless you do that first.

In a message dated 10/5/2022 9:58:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

Ok, thx. To help troubleshoot here… since there are no errors in the log file either, can you either reproduce and tell us exactly what time you observe the issue, or, if you recall, identify the time in the logs you attached.

The problem would have occurred towards the beginning of the log probably when autofocus failed to set the lum filter and hung. I will need to reproduce the problem again with new logs. It got foggy here though.

Peter

In a message dated 10/7/2022 7:26:42 AM Pacific Standard Time, forums@mainsequencesoftware.com writes:

Yes I’ve notices the same. My QHYCFW3 connects just fine but I must select a filter (I just set Lum as the FW moves to that filter upon powering up) otherwise SGP, for some unknown reason, is incapable of changing filters when I start the sequence and just hangs.
Personally I’ve never worried about it. Just became part of my ritual to manually set the filter when I connect everything.