QSI 690 Won't Connect

I have borrowed a QSI 690 from a friend. When I first set it up it would connect, but now (the next day) I get a USB Device Not Recognized. I’ve loaded the latest QSI Drivers from QSI. Tried removing and reinstalling too. Tried all the QSI camera options - 1, 2 and CCD. The only change is there was Windows Update and I also installed FTDI USB-serial drivers for my mount connection.

Two months ago, I was setting up a new computer to control my imaging sessions. I also had trouble using the newest QSI driver. In my case, I couldn’t get the filter wheel to connect. I ended up using the legacy driver (QSI_Drivers_7.4.1824.0_64bit_setup)… and it seems to work well. I found instances of others reporting the same issue/resolution when I was searching for a solution… Not sure if anything has changed with all of that in the last few months. If you want to give it a try, I think I donwloaded the legacy driver from the ATIK/QSI site.

Good luck,
Craig

If you haven’t already, check the QSI 600 series manual https://qsimaging.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/User-guide-v4-600-series.pdf

Went through the manual step by step a week ago (they recommend not to have the QSI connected while you download the driver) and it worked out just fine.

Good luck,
Isa

Oh I see this is an old thread… hopefully useful for some other people out there :grinning: