Read the directions, watched the video

…but I can’t get this program to even start let alone take a picture. My problem this evening is with PHD. I have a Lodestar in a QSI583wsg OAG. I got everything ready with the sequence tools. Camera connected, filter wheel connected, mount connected. Sequence set. A simple sequence of some short Luminance frames just to get the hang of the programe

Then I got PHD guiding. However, no matter how many times I go into the autoguider tab and set the thing to PHD and save it, I start the sequence and I get the error message that the autoguider won’t settle.

So I go back to the sequence tool, check the autoguider tab and it says that no guider has been chosen when I did select it, save it and clicked on OK. I went through this about a half dozen times before I through up my hands and said that I should have spent the extra money and bought MaximDL. At least when I had that program a couple years ago, it worked for me without all the blue air. I guess the extra dollars makes the program easier to operate.

Another thing, when using frame and focus, I have it set at 2X2 binning. But the time between each exposure is quite long. With Nebulosity, it refreshes quickly. I suppose there’s something else that I’m missing.

To recap, everything is connected, the mount is aligned and guiding, but SG says that, even though I selected PHD, it keeps telling me that the guider wouldn’t settle and when I check the tab, it says that no guider was selected.

I hope you can tell me what’s up. I’ve followed the directions.

Ready to put up the white flag,

David

Sounds like SGP is having issues connecting to PHD. Do you have the server turned on in PHD?

Can you post your SGP log?

Thanks,
Jared

Hey David,

I offered before, do you want to do a Google Hangout? Also, the new version doesn’t seem to settle PHD… so there is something funky with the new version. Revert back to 2.3.12 and see if that works.

Chris

David,

I’m not sure what “blue air” is (maybe I don’t want to know)… I’ll just say two things in response to your post(s):

1.) Plenty of folks with your setup have absolutely no issue using SGPro successfully
2.) Please contact us offline and we will be more than happy to remove your SGPro license, refund your money and allow you to spend the money on Maxim.

I apologize if SGPro has caused you any angst or frustration… We’re here to be part of the community, not make a profit. If you don’t like our software, it’s not a problem… We’ll be happy to refund your money and let you move on.

Ken

David,

I’m not sure what “blue air” is (maybe I don’t want to know)… I’ll just
say two things in response to your post(s):

1.) Plenty of folks with your setup have absolutely no issue using SGPro
successfully
2.) Please contact us offline and we will be more than happy to remove
your SGPro license, refund your money and allow you to spend the money on
Maxim.

I apologize if SGPro has caused you any angst or frustration… We’re here
to be part of the community, not make a profit. If you don’t like our
software, it’s not a problem… We’ll be happy to refund your money and let
you move on.

Ken

The server…that’s got to be it. I’ve never used that option, so it’s not on my radar. I’m too tired to go back out there and get everything running again. Sorry for the rant, but I finally got a clear night and it is very frustrating to spend an hour and get nothing but mosquito bites to show for it.

David