Recovery mode?

I SGP with PHD2 and have never been able to successfully execute an auto meridian flip. The mount will execute the flip, but the autoguider will not resume…it does not recalibrate, but rather sends the target star off in direction as if it is calibrating, but never brings it back. I get an error “something has gone wrong with resuming the autoguider, but recovery mode is not active, terminating the sequence.” So, I’ve gotten into the habit of just terminating the sequence, disconnecting all the equipment, and restarting - a by hand meridian flip.
How do I activate “recovery mode”?

I’m not certain if recovery will help here… it might, but since we are not sure why this happens, it could also just result in the same failure over and over. If PHD2 is unaware the the mount has flipped (information it receives from the ASCOM driver) then things like this will happen and no amount of recovery will help.

• In PHD2, how are you connecting to the mount?
  • Is your mount driver up to date?
  • Are there any known defects in the driver that may cause this?

Also, for future reference:

https://help.sequencegeneratorpro.com/SequenceRecoveryMode.html

Ken,
Thank you…it sounds like, from reading the info in the link you sent, you answered my question… it happens after an auto meridian flip and when the guide star is lost. I’d seen the grey dot, but didn’t know how to turn it on.