Safety Monitor: Checks with future scheduled starts?

I’m doing some testing in SGP (v 3.0.3.169 and beta v3.1.0.198) ahead of a planned installation - this largely to understand exactly how the sequencing works with things like safety monitors, RORs etc. I have the slaving between mount park and open/shut working in the simulators as expected.

However, if I setup an imaging run for a time in the future, and a safety monitor is present (I’m fudging this up by using the Safety Hub, and manually changing the Boltwood file which correctly gives me green or red on the safety flag indicator), then, despite the fact the sequence might not start for hours, the sequence aborts immediately if the safety flag is red.

This seems odd - until we get to the point of actually starting the image, it doesn’t matter what the flag is surely - is this a bug? I noted old post 2.4.3.14 - safety monitor behaviour - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software seems to indicate it should do otherwise, but I don’t see this…

Thanks

Graeme

I agree in some cases this is odd, but it does matter if the state of the observatory is “open” (even if the sequence is not yet started). We could certainly check this and may at some point… In either case, the latest beta has an auto-restart feature built it that will restart the sequence when green.

Roof was definitely closed here - it’s was slaved to the mount that was parked. In the instance where the safety monitoring checks light levels, it’s therefore impossible to schedule the sequence in advance.

I tried the current beta but couldn’t get it to retry when safety goes back to green in this case or where the sequence has already started imaging?

Thanks

Graeme

Ah - I see the extra option for restarts in the beta now (missed it before) - I’ll give it a try!