Sequence Images Open Zoomed In too far

My sequence images open with a 100% zoom, which is really zoomed in. I need them to open with 10% zoom which shows the full image.

I feel there should be a setting for the zoom value but cant find one, can anyone help?
Thanks
Jon

You mean just to change the zoom or to have SGPro remember the zoom? When an image is opened in SGPro, it should always snap to “fit to screen” so that sounds like a bug there somehow. Can you clarify “sequence image”? Are you referring to an image that belongs to the sequence (like a reference file from the Mosaic Wizard), or are you referring to a displayed image from a sequence event (i.e. lights, darks, flats, etc)?

Hi Ken,

It happens when an image is produced by a sequence - light, dark , flat.
The Frame and Focus works fine and these images open to show the full image.

It’s not a new issue, I cant remember when it started showing this behaviour but I have been putting up with it for some months.

I’m unsure what could cause that. I just ran a sequence here and verified that all the new images displayed from the running sequence were rendered as “fit to screen”. I’ll need to think about what might cause that to break on some machines…

I don’t know if it helps but I am using a QHY600 so the images are large, 128mb and 9576 x 6388

Ok, thx. I’ll try to fake that.

I was thinking about this and I’d like to make sure there isn’t a misunderstanding before I dig deeper here. The “first” image opened from the sequence defaults to “size to fit”. All images from the sequence share an image tab and the “first” is defined as the image that first creates the sequence tab. That one, and only that one, will receive the default size to fit. The images that come behind that first image will inherit the state of the sequence image tab. In other words, if you do nothing, all sequence images will be “size to fit”, BUT, if the first image was changed to 100% for anything… maybe inspection of some detail, then all images behind it will be at 100%. Image zoom state is “sticky” (by design). To get images to stop showing up at 100%, you’d need to click on the “size to fit” button again.

If the very first sequence image is at 100%, then something in the display process is failing. Maybe it’s some size we never expected or something else entirely.

I have done some testing as follows.

Frame and Focus opens at 12% zoom with no scroll bars - looks correct but see below.

Sequence image opens at 100%.

If I click the “size to fit button” it zooms to 10% with no scroll bars.

I am testing this remotely with lens cap on and grey images so can’t see what the difference is between the F&F 12% zoom and sequence 10% zoom - odd these are not identical when neither shows scroll bars.

The next sequence image zooms to 100% again rather than the 10% expected using the “sticky” rule.

I am using Pegasus Ultimate Power Box with Unity software, could that be implicated?

Ok… that seems like something is failing, but I’m unsure exactly what. I will post a test build where the UI will report additional info on what it’s trying to do. That first Sequence Image should be using “size to fit”, not 100%. Though, in many cases, a failure to do something will result in a default zoom value of 0 (100%). In the past, I have seen some odd timing issue produce unpredictable behavior here, but unsure if that’s a factor in this case.

If you have a moment, I am curious… If you were to do the same things you did above with the ASCOM Simulator V3 camera, do you get the same results? It uses a much smaller image and, if it behaves as expected then, it is likely pointing to a timing issue where some delay caused by processing very large images causes a failure.

Here are test releases with additional logging (also other very minor changes)

32-bit:

64 bit:

Thanks Ken, I will run tests in the morning with the new 64 bit release including the ASCOM Simulator.

I have opened a ticket with the logfiles - testing inconclusive, looks like an intermittent issue and I haven’t been able to repeat it.