SGP 2.6.11 beta; focuser setup problem

Hi,
I’m facing a problem with the focuser setup in SGP 2.6.11 beta. I own a sharp sky pro and I run it in reverse as I mounted it on the micrometric wheel, opposite side of the main wheel. No issues with the previous version of SGP.
Now I set focuser parameters up (beta version) the same as I set them into the previous (non beta) release. Same parameters, both in SGP 2.6.11 and into the setup screen of the focuser as they were in SGP 2.5.17.
The problem is I can’t set the zero position to zero. I set it to zero entering zero into the focuser setup screen as I was used to do, but SGP (beta) reads position 250000, not zero. 250000 is the maximum position achievable by the focuser when the tube is all out. Tried to unflag the reverse mode both here and there also in cross combination. No solution. zero is never zero but 250000. Help needed. Thanks.

“Reverse” was never properly implemented. It was really only reversing the direction of the IN/OUT commands on the control panel and had 0 effect on other things such as auto focus, backlash, etc.

Now “Reverse” is reversing ALL directions and moves of the focuser. You can read more about it here:

When reversed the min becomes the max and the max becomes the min. So a “Zero” move will move the focuser to the Max. If you open up your ASCOM dialog for the focuser you’ll likely see that it truly is at position 0.

It sounds like you may not actually need to reverse the direction of your focuser.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi, you seem to have the same error I had. I had updated to the 11 beta and changed the scope on my mount. That made me think I had made a mistake.
The settings I now use are ; SharpSky Pro / Driver / Client direction reverse unchecked
SGPro Control Panel / Focus / Focus Options / Reverse focuser direction unchecked

Nigel

I find that it works to me if I set the whole thing up opposite than yours. Remember I mounted the focuser on the micrometric wheel, and that said I need to move the motor in reverse to achieve proper movements.

I find that if I leave the “reverse” box unflagged in SGP Equipment Profile Manager and, on the other side, I flag the “reverse” box into the Ascom dialog of my focuser I get the correct movement of the focuser.

SharpSkyPro has actually two boxes to be flagged/unflagged dealing with reverse turn of the gear: one is located into the Position Control tab, and the other is located into the Temperature Control tab.

I want my gear work in reverse as it is mounted on the opposite side, on the micrometric wheel.

1. I flag the reverse box into the Position Control tab.
  2. Into the Temperature Control tab I have to flag the reverse box as well. It doesn’t matter weather I use the temperature compensation or not. Flag that reverse box, and even if it turns gray (as if i won’t use temp compensation) I find that proper movement is achieved.

So the right combination of flags TO WORK IN REVERSE is:
A) SGP Equipment profile Manager: leave reverse box unfledged.
B) Sharp Sky Pro: Position Control Tab and Temperature Control Tab: both flagged even if the box into the Temperature Control Tab turns gray when you deactivate the temperature control on the focuser.

Thank you.