SGP abort by sleeping user?

My SGP session from a few nights ago was terminated around 3am, while I was sleeping. I tracked down the logs to the point where a “User requested sequence abort…” is present right at the time where it quit. The usual closing down and parking of the scope went on. I requested the sequence to stop around 3:45am due to the Sun rising, so I doubt that had anything to do with it. Although, it is still on CST and not CDT, which shouldn’t have caused this problem since SGP would’ve gone on till 3:45 CST, or 4:45 CDT, right?

Gabe

Gabe,
Can you post your log?

SGP would have closed down at the time you set relative to the PC’s time. We do not take CST or CDT into account. If you tell SGP to shutdown at 3:00am we shutdown at 3:00am PC time.

Thanks,
Jared

Sure thing. Here is the trimmed SGP log file (original was > 10MB) and the PHD2 log file. The shutdown occurred around 2:52am.

Thanks!
Gabe

sg_logfile_20160519201847.txt.zip (103.4 KB)
PHD2_DebugLog_2016-05-19_203714.txt.zip (475.5 KB)

There is really only 1 way to get this message to show up in your log:

[5/20/2016 2:52:13 AM] [DEBUG] [Main Thread] User requested sequence abort…

And that is actually to click on the “Pause Sequence” button and then select “Abort the current Sequence…”

So maybe a very crafty critter got at your mouse…or you were doing some sleep observing? I’m really not sure. But the only way that the above message gets into the log is in the handler for that button. :confused:

Jared

Thanks for looking into it Jared.

This is quite a mystery for me. I’m running SGP and PHD2 on a headless PC stick at my scope, so no possibility of a critter or other nefarious users interrupting the session. Also, I looked into the logs to make sure that I didn’t login with my phone while asleep and abort it. It shows a VNC session login at 2:43am from my phone’s IP and that session is terminated at 2:46am. The next login occurs at 3:49 when I’m checking on things before closing down for the night.

Gabe

There seem to also be some concerning log messages around 2:49am.

[5/20/2016 2:49:31 AM] [DEBUG] [Monitoring System Timed Message Thread] Adding sequence level notification: Failure while integrating m57; Event 1; Frame 7 for 900s. Image has not downloaded in alloted time period.
[5/20/2016 2:49:38 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Entering super dangerous loop to await image completion…
[5/20/2016 2:49:38 AM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] QSI expose and download: 1617.2586338s

Odd since I requested a 900s exposure.

That’s essentially saying the download timed out. I saw that it entered recovery briefly but I believe that was caused by a lost guide star.

Jared