SGP... has PHD2 stopped?

Hi guys,
Had a really good night on Wednesday, so identical gear left ready to go for a session on Thursday night. Connected all - WIlliam Optics GT81, ZWO120mc guide cam, ZWO183mm mono cooled cam, ZWO EFW filter wheel, Losmandy GM8 mount, lakeside focuser. All connected in Windows 10 laptop.

I was a over confident (why??) , and the forecast was really clear, so when I saw the first image come in I just left things running and retired for the night. On analysing the files though, I realised that I had continuous movements between all of the 300 second images.
I looked back and realised that there was no PHD log for the period at all, and looking at the SGP log I can see that there are lots of line like:

[09/24/21 04:22:34.871][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] PHD2 GetPhdStatus - Post-Wait: Stopped
[09/24/21 04:22:34.871][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] PHD2 Guider is already stopped.
[09/24/21 04:22:34.871][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Autoguider (PHD2) stopped Successfully
[09/24/21 04:22:34.871][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Waiting for Autoguider to stop…
[09/24/21 04:22:34.871][DEBUG][Sequence Thread][SQ;] Checking PHD2 state…

So I’m guessing PHD2 was not running, or running incorrectly.

Obviously next time out I will observe a lot more carefully and check for anthing obvious going wrong, but I’m surprised that SGP could continue taking images for five hours with guiding apparantly not working.

Sorry, I can’t find how to attach the logfile, if someone can remind me I will attach the relevant SGP log.

Hi,
If you go to the Help entry in the top bar, you will see “Report a Problem” in the list that drops down. If you click on that, it will allow you to specify the nature of the problem, why it roughly occurred and to attach the appropriate log file. Hope that helps. I’m interested to hear the answer, not because I’ve had that problem, but the reverse! In the past I’ve had issues when PHD2 was running fine, but SGPro just kept waiting for it to settle / whatever. This hasn’t happen for a while, but whether that was a change in the software or the idiot driving it (i.e., me) just happening to get lucky, I don’t rightly know.
Terry

Tony, thank you for that.

Unfortunately I don’t seem to have a link to the help system. My screen looks like this:-
Where is help supposed to be?

Thank you

In SGPro, if I click on Help in the top menu bar I get this:

Help

And if I click on Report a Problem, the following box appears:

This lets you describe the problem and select the appropriate log file.

Hope this helps.

Aaaaaah. I was trying to do it directly on this forum. Will do that, thanks Terry