SGP Keeps Minimizing

Not something new, but something that can become annoying after a while. If i have smaller events window open in SGP and then proceed to close it in order to better see the captured image, it does not just close the events window, but minimizes the whole of SGP.

Its been like this as long as i can remember… its now bugging me! Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

1 Like

@aidi

Not that I know of. I have never observed this behavior. What version of Windows are you using? Are you on a virtual machine like Parallels or Fusion?

Its a typical Windows 10 Pro 1803 install. Its happend on pretty much any machine that have had SGP loaded onto. Its not particular to a specific laptop or win 10 build.

1 Like

In fairness…this was reported a long time ago…most of us just live with it.

I guessed as much… ive had it for probably a couple of years… its just of late its really become annoying! I can live with it… but if it could be resolved then that would be nice!

It happens to me all the time. More so since I started using Win 10 Enterprise on my Prima Luce Lab Eagle.

Version 3.03.169

Oh, ok. You are referring to the issue where SGPro moves into the background (sorry… I should have guessed that when you wrote “minimized”). Yes, this is a known issue… not just in SGPro, but pretty much anything written using Microsoft .NET. I have tried, many, many things to stop this from happening… even calling directly into the Win32 SDK to prevent it. Nothing so far has worked.

1 Like

@aidi @BobJ @Kinch

The 3.1.0.275 beta makes another attempt at fixing this issue. I think it is more prevalent on remote desktop type applications, but I have certainly seen it happen plenty in normal situations. Let me know if you still see the issue, if it’s gone or if it’s still there, but seems better.

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

@Ken Thanks for giving this some of your time (especially since it was not a critical issue). Presently I am away from home and cannot test it in a ‘working’ situation in the observatory - but seemed OK while playing around on another laptop - but no gear connected nor any sequence running. I hope others can confirm that you have ‘nailed it’ :slight_smile:

Just a heads up here. I realized that, as of 3.1.0.280, I had not actually applied this fix to all SGPro windows. Any version of SGPro after 3.1.0.280 will have the attempted fix applied to all windows.