SGP loads wrong camera

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have a ASI290 as guide camera and a ASI183 as main camera. I have my equipment profile setup right but every time I startup SGP it seems to pick the guide camera (290) as the main camera. How do I get it to start with the 183?

Is that Equipment Profile applied to your current sequence? i.e. if you open the Control Panel, do you see the right camera set up there?

You need to go into Device Manager when your cameras are connected and under Properties you should be able to find a corresponding V(endor)ID and P(roduct) ID for each device. In all examples I have seen they are 4 character hexadecimal values.

When in SGP, hit the spanner icon alongside the Camera icon. This should bring up a camera set-up form on which you can then enter and save the relevant VID/PID details.

Do the same on eg PHD2 camera connect screen for the guide camera.

The above solution worked with my SX cameras when I had a similar problem.

The details may be slightly different for ASI cameras but the underlying approach should be similar.

I found a few references about identifying VID PID for ASI cameras on ZWO forum but they do not seem to be overly forthcoming about the topic!

Hopefully other owners of ZWO/ASI cameras will chip in here.

PS - This document might be helpful, see page 18. With ZWO input of VID/PID is perhaps selected behind a drop-down list.

Thank you all. Strange how sgp picks the 290 as main camera. I will try suggestions given and let you know if successful. Thx so much again all!