SGP ver 4 trial

Hi

To much work and not enough play means I am a bit behind the curve :slight_smile:

So I wanted to try out version 4 and see if I am missing out , I downloaded ver 4 and I
cannot install it as It wants me to upgrade !.

Do existing users of version 3 get to try before you buy ?

Also If I do get to try ver 4 can you run it side by side with version 3

Many thanks

Harry Page

Hi

So no idea anybody ?

Harry

This is true. I can’t remember if we allowed for this, but in any case, go ahead and install v4, go through the warnings about SGPro defaulting to its “free” (lite) mode. Then, from the Help menu, request a trial extension and we should be able to get you going for 30 days.

Please note that one of the major features of 4.0 was the release of 64-bit SGPro (and ASCOM / Eagle Switches). If that is of not much interest to you, you may want to wait on the SGPro 4 trial for 4.1 or later which has a bunch more stuff in it (4.1 is in beta now).

Yes, but keep in mind that SGPro 4 may alter SGPro sequences in such a way that they are no longer usable in SGPro 3 (so backup please)

Hi
Thanks for the reply , I will give it a go on my non shed computer :slight_smile:
I will be cheeky and ask again for 90 deg camera setting on the manual rotator as I am imaging with a square chip

Also, I made the assumption that you have gone through the process to claim your new SGPro license key? I thought that SGPro 4 would accept that as the beginning of a new trial, but I’d have to go check.

cheek away, but I am not following. How would this work? Something like any 90 degree offset from a base angle is acceptable? Or something else?

Hi
the base setting is plus minus 180 deg can this be plus minus 90 deg ?

Harry

Hi
I did do the key thing , but if you remember I had a problem and you did it manually !

Harry