SGPro 3.1.0.404: QHY8L with all 3.1.0 versions issue

Hello I have had to downgrade to the version 3.0.3.165 because there are problems with all versions 3.1.0 and the QHY8L. I attach two images, the one on the left is made with 3.0.3.169, and the right one is with version 3.1.0.404.
I have been using 3.0.3.169 until today, and I haven’t tested my QHY16200A with the last version, please check it too if you can.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Have you made sure your QHY drivers (both native and ASCOM) are up to date? We do not have a QHY8L on hand for testing.

Yes, the drivers are up to date. Also I have tested the camera with another sotware: APT, and it works well.
I have been using the QHY8L with SGP without problems until I have upgraded the SGP. This is the only thing that has changed.

Another problem is that when I have downgraded to 3.0.3 I have lost my equipment profiles. Is there any way for recoverying them?

Ok, well, I do think I know what the problem is, I am just not sure how to fix it right now. I may have to produce a test build with extra logging in it to figure it out.

You can just go to the directory where your profiles are stored and delete all profiles that end in “sgp” and then remove all “bak” extensions from the old 3.0 profiles.

Ok, 3.1.0.411 will contain “something”… no idea if it will work. The problem is that, even if this works for QHY, it may well completely break a different class of cameras. If it doesn’t work, we are logging plenty of useful information. Ideally, these changes are compatible with ALL ASCOM cameras. We will see…

Andrés, you have described your QHY8 problem very clearly and I just want to add that the QHY10 has exactly the same problem so we are stuck with v. 3…169.

Let’s hope that the fix will finally allow us to continue using SGP.

Thanks

https://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/sequence-generator-3-1-0-411-stable-is-released-for-general-use/11275

I’ve just checked 3.1.0.411 and I’m getting electronic pattern noise.
QHY 8 Pro 3 sec dark image

Steve

That seems normal for a dark image right?

I’m afraid not Ken. It’s normally a black background scattered with hot pixels.

Steve

I have seen plenty of darks that look like this… is it stretched?

Hi Ken,

I have taken two images, 3 sec Darks and the same QHY8 Pro camera. The left hand image in SGPro and the right hand image in MaximDL.

Steve

Can you send logs with an example please (using 411)?

Hi Ken,
Log attached:-

Steve

Im honestly not sure… People have said that SGPro 3.0 worked OK, so in 3.1.0.411, I reverted the camera code to the 3.0 build. Can you verify if that statement is true? Did 3.0 work with that camera? It is a different story if they both produce the same results, but as it stands right now, programatically, they are doing the same thing.

To be quite honest Ken, I have not used the QHY8 Pro in SGPro for a long time. As I use a twin scope set-up I run the Atik 383L rig in SGPro and just gather the subs with the QHY8 Pro in MaximDL. I want to revert to the rigs running with SGPro to take full advantage of the new quadratic focusing routine.

Would installing a trial licence in Ver. 2; setting up the QHY8 Pro and running some subs help you?
Steve

Actually, not version 2, but this one would help narrow things down a bit. The answer to whether or not dark frames from 3.0 and 3.1 look the same (alike) will be very helpful. You don’t need to install over the 3.1 copy… this can be installed elesewhere with no conflicts: https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases/DownloadFile?id=8202

I guess the other questions is… in that side by side of darks above, in Maxim, did you connect to the camera via native drivers or were they both with ASCOM?

Hello,
I too have a QHY8L and am experiencing the same problem. When I take a dark frame then I get the same banding issue when I use image as Andres in the first post. When I use EZCAP (supplied SW from QHY) to take the same dark sub then I also see the ‘correct’ dark that I have seen many times before when using SGP, that is too say some hot pixels but no banding apparent similar to Andres’ other dark in his first post.

The last successful light that I took was on 1/12/19 when I would have been on image as I tend to stay current on SW. So on 1/12/19 SGP was working fine for me and then a few days later it wasn’t however I don’t know the exact date.

I attempted to revert to the earlier SGP as suggested here:

however SGP would not start up after what appeared otherwise to be a successful installation. I have now reverted back to 3.1.0.413 and am back where I started. I am using the latest ASCOM and native drivers.

I hope some of this is helpful.

Regards,

Neil

If 3.0 is failing to run, the same test with a very early beta would be fine too: https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases/DownloadFile?id=8228

Hi,
this is what I got for the two SGP release levels. Both are 10 second darks.

I can take further exposures if that would help.

Thanks,

Neil