Small bug 4.1.0.776 and bigger bug

Hi
If I use the thunbs down to mark bad a sub after selecting wether to update list ect the save sequence panel opens after ?

More of a problem is that you cant open a previous saved image - try to open a saved fits file and sgp crashes !!!

cheers

Harry

I’m not following here completely… are these 2 things separate or related? Meaning, are you trying to open the image marked as bad?

Assuming these are separate issues…

I am not following the wording here. What do you mean by “after selecting wether to update list ect the save sequence panel opens after”? Update a list?

Can you provide more details here? We open images all the time with SGPro without crashing and we’re unsure how to reproduce what you are seeing.

• How do you attempt to open an image? From disk with Open Image, using the Image History Navigation arrow, using the Image History graph, etc?
  • Does this happen for any FITS file?
  • For the same FITS does it happen every time? Only sometimes?
  • If it’s just a normal FITS file from disk, can you provide it so we can try here? Maybe it’s a FITS file that is not supported? Multi-plane, etc?

Hi
my bad english :slight_smile:
after selecting the thumbs down you get the option to add another sub to replace it on the sequence which is the correct way - but after doing this the " save the sequence" panel comes up for no reason I can see.
I go to file - open image and select a fits file sgp just freezes up
have tried multiple fits files and also 2 computers - same problem
I am using the 64 bit version

Harry

Ah, ok, I see. I’ll take a look at that.

That’s off for sure. I am unable to reproduce that behavior. Maybe logs are in order here. We’ve added a log submission tool to make it easy, just make sure to choose the session from before the current one (assuming there was a hang just prior)

Hi
Ok the problem with opening the fits is related to pinpoint being selected as a plate solver and I had not loaded up the ref files yet- I deselected pinpoint and the file opened ok .
I am installing version 4 on the shed new computer - you forget how much stuff you need to set up :slight_smile:

Regards
Harry

Oh, ok, thx. Well, in any case it shouldn’t hang and I’ll try to reproduce. I’m actually updating the messaging right now to indicate that you need to use 32-bit SGPro OR use PP7.

Hi
It does say you need to use 32 bit sgp and as you say you need pp7 to work with the 64 bit version
I have version 6 of course.
Just checked it also hangs on the 32 bit version if you have not selected the correct ref files

Harry

Ok, thx. Ya, the current solver does have its hooks in newly opened images so that it’s able to solve them. I’ll take a look.

I tried for a while… different things, but nothing produces the described behavior. If you have the opportunity, please let me know if this is a repeatable occurrence or maybe just some weird confluence of events. The only thing I can think of is that maybe some unexpected interaction with “Auto Save” caused it to pop up? Was the sequence that you were using actually saved (had a name) or was it a test sequence that had never been saved?

Hi
I was taking some calibration frames and it was not a saved sequence , I will plug camera in tommorow
and try again

Harry

Hi
Me again - I have installed the 64bit pinpoint ( 60 day demo not paid yet )
and I get this when I try to use it

got any words of wisdom please

Harry

When we try to use Pinpoint, we ask Windows where it is located and then, once we get that location we can make a solver to use. In this case, Windows is saying that it doesn’t know where it is and I’m not sure why. In any case, I’d like to find out so we can add better guidance here.

• Have you run PP7 by itself? I am pretty sure that PP finishes the install once you run the stand-alone PP solver outside of SGPro.
  • Maybe DC3 does not allow itself to be used as an external solver when it’s not registered, but I find that unlikely.

Maybe @Jared has other ideas…

Did you also install the PinPoint 64bit components? It’s a separate download and installation. It’s on the same page as the pinpoint installer. You need both.

Jared

Hi
Yes I did install the 64 bit add on and i ran pp7 to install the catalogs but did not try to solve a image out side of sgp
I will try again
Thanks
Harry

Hi
I have reused pinpoint on its own an it works fine , but still can not get it too work with sgp

I have also upgraded the old shed computer to the 32 bit version ( v4 ) which pinpoint used to work on just fine
it is now broken on that as well since upgrading ??
Regards
Harry

Sorry, we’re not sure off hand. We’re not able to reproduce this behavior and it’ll take some time to research.

To be clear, you are saying, SGPro 4.1 32-bit using PP 6 32-bit does not work? If so, how is it broken? In the same manner as above? Can you provide logs? I have attempted to repair log submissions for your account (issue with 2 different SGPro accounts), but via email is fine if it’s still busted.

Hi
yes I an saying SGPro 4.1 32-bit using PP 6 32-bit does not work? in the same way as the 64 bit

I will send a log later and see if submissions work

Harry

Thanks for the logs. I do believe that we have located and fixed the issue. Available in about 20 min as 4.1.0.778

Hi
success :slight_smile:
Many thanks gents
Regards
Harry